TIPS FOR RELAXING
Try some of these tips to help you relax
- Contact Grounded Healing for a “Bowen Therapy” appointment.
- Breathe deeply and slowly.
- Relax your body and your mind like this:
- Lie down or sit in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Tighten your feet and toes, hold them tight for three seconds, then relax them. Repeat this exercise with your leg muscles, your stomach and your arms and shoulders.
- Think about something relaxing, perhaps lying in the shade of a tree on a hot day … a gentle breeze brushes your skin … the leaves rustle quietly … nothing to do just now but close your eyes and let your mind drift …
- When you are relaxed and ready, open your eyes and bring the good feelings with you.
- Make a change in your routine.
- Get up earlier, and go for a morning walk, or sit in a different place for breakfast.
- Have a pen and paper by the phone so you can doodle, or move around while you are talking.
- Take a soft rubber ball in the car, and do hand exercises if you are stuck in traffic.
- Reduce or go off alcohol for a while and try water instead.
- Exercise. This can be as simple as getting off the bus one stop early and walking the extra distance or using stairs instead of lifts.